Monday, March 02, 2009

A few for the spring firing

Most of the day was spent shoveling snow but I did manage to get to the studio and make a few more guinomi for the spring firing. I really like these little pots. They fit in all those odd little places in the kiln. I use one all day long to drink tea from. A couple sips in between pots or whatever I'm into.
Winter is back in full force with temp at -11F this morning. Nature is pistine with the new snow and cold temp. Everything is white, all the animals are quiet, and all the smells in the air are gone. When it gets about 20F birds will start to chirp again, around 30F smells will start to return. A very good time to stay inside and get pots made!!
Time for some tea and pots. Enjoy your day...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

FetishGhost said...

Ahhh. I love this point of potential...

Linda Starr said...

Is there a difference between a guinomi and a yunomi?

Craig Edwards said...

Linda: Yup, a guinomi is smaller.

Linda Starr said...

Thanks, I've been making pinch pots and looking for info on the finished sizes of various pottery.