Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pot from a water reduction

Here is a pot that I got out of a woodfired kiln using water to reduce with.
 Posted by Picasa

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Here is a view of the collection box and Back door to the anagama . The next picture is the exit flue. The final picture is a shot of the kiln almost complete. The kiln was designed by my friend Svend Bayer. Svend came over in the Spring of 2000 and built it as a workshop.

Posted by Picasa

Friday, October 20, 2006

Small kiln of perfect proportions.

Here is a photo of a small anagama that Svend Bayer built in Wales. It has a stacking space of about 75 cu ft. Posted by Picasa

Monday, October 16, 2006

Black teapot

Here is a black teapot that just came out of the electric kiln. It is handbuilt with a thrown lid. It is fired to cone 8 in oxidation. Posted by Picasa

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Monday's pot

Here is a pot that I made on Monday that I coiled and paddled. It's about 38 inches high and 25 inches in diameter at it's widest point.
This form seems to work for me right now, so I think that I'll work it through and see what happens. Posted by Picasa

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Here are two detail shots of the fly ash on two jars from the spring firing. There was good reduction on the way up and I carbonized for five hours on the cooling, down to about 1700-1800F.
 Posted by Picasa
Here are three of the jars that came out of the Spring 2006 firings. They are about 22 inches high x 20 inches wide.

 Posted by Picasa

Friday, July 21, 2006

Here is a view of the inside of the kiln with a new partition wall in place.  Posted by Picasa

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Chair and Teapot

This is a chair that a Korean potter handbuilt at Furuki'-sans and next to it is a teapot that I handbuilt. Thsi was during the Mashiko Gathering in June 2006. Posted by Picasa

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Spring 2006 firing

This is the front of the second 2006 spring firing. I fired until the flyash drips reached the bottom of the pots. That took about three days

Here is a closer view of one of the jars in the front. I reduction cooled for 5 hours. This was accomplished by capping the chimney and stoking thur the front stoke. It carbonized the claybody nicely! Posted by Picasa