Friday, October 09, 2009

Plates and a jar




Here are a couple of plates that I made today. They have a very clay feeling to them. I want the pots to feel like they are very close to the clay pit, freshly dug and made right there, on the spot. They remind me of South Dakota where I grew up, where there was nothing between you and the clay, and for that matter not much else, besides me and the clay!




Here is a jar, I don't really know what to think about it, or where it's leading to. We'll have to see what happens with this idea. There is something there just can't seem to see the next step yet.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like the plates... i rarely see this type of thing anymore and have always felt it took a certain kind of courage to explore and move forward this way. i wish i had it in me but i can't help myself from trying to modify all the time.