Friday, June 06, 2008

Kiln Work

Ahh.. The spring firing is history! It was a good firing that went smoothly. There was a problem with a primary air brick that got left open at the end. The results were some extra crusty ash on some pieces. Extra crusty ash means extra work cleaning pots... uggghhh. Won't make that mistake again!! New mistakes for sure... but not that one.
I got 9600 pounds of clay delivered on Wednesday. That is all inside now, just sitting there staring at me. I feel like I'm about 300 years old now that the clay is moved.
I have a commission to make some large pots for the next firing. I like making large pots, so this is definitely a good thing.
The trivets for placing the pots worked brilliantly, they look like they could be reusable which is something that was hoped for, but not really counted on.

No comments: